Skip to main content


If either parent lives outside of California, it may be necessary to request the assistance of the other state or country for the establishment or enforcement of a child support order.

An intergovernmental or interstate child support case means that California is working with another U.S state or country, not the other parent directly. See the list of countries currently working with the United States to see if a child support order can be established and/or enforced in your case.